Views:0 Author:Site Editor Publish Time: 2021-02-12 Origin:Site
When we are answering questions from users, some users cannot accurately know the type and model of the shaft coupling they need, which is not good for the user's selection. We have collected most shaft couplings with standard drawings and detailed dimensions, which can bring convenience to users.
What are the specific criteria for shaft couplings?
How to choose the shaft hole?
How to choose a shaft coupling?
(1) The shaft coupling model is composed of group code, variety code, and structure type code.
(2) The group code, type code, and structure code of the shaft coupling shall be coded by the first Chinese Pinyin letter of the first character of its name. If there are repetitions, take the second letter, or the first or second Chinese Pinyin letter of the second and third characters in the name, or the first and second Chinese Pinyin letters with characteristic characters in the name. The principle is that the same group, variety and structure type shall not overlap each other.
(3) The main parameter of the shaft coupling is the nominal torque 7; the unit is N. m, and its parameter value should meet the requirements of GB/T 3507-2008.
(4) The nominal torque sequence number or size parameter of the shaft coupling is the specification code of the coupling.
(5) When the shaft coupling type and size of the main and driven ends of the coupling are exactly the same, only one end can be marked
When choosing a shaft coupling, some factors should be considered that whether the shaft hole has a counterbore or not depends mainly on whether the shaft can have axial movement, whether axial tension or installation space is required.
There are three types of shaft holes of the coupling: Y type, J type, Z type. The Y-shaped shaft hole is a long cylindrical shaft hole. Z type shaft hole is divided into Z type and Z1 type. Z type is a short conical shaft hole with counterbore, and Z1 type is a short conical shaft hole without counterbore. The taper of the Z-shaped shaft hole is 1:10. J type shaft hole is divided into J type and J1 type, J type is a short cylindrical shaft hole with counterbore, and J1 type is a short cylindrical shaft hole without counterbore.
Generally, the counterbore of the shaft coupling is indicated by J1 according to the national standard
1. Use standard shaft couplings: When choosing a shaft coupling, designers should first choose shaft couplings that have been formulated as national standards, mechanical industry standards, and national patents. Only when the existing standard shaft couplings and patented shaft couplings cannot meet the design, we need to design the coupling by yourself.
2. Select the type of shaft coupling: Understand the comprehensive function of the shaft coupling in the transmission system, especially the flexible coupling, and choose the type of the shaft coupling in terms of the overall design of the transmission system. The prime mover category, work load category, working speed, transmission accuracy, two-axis offset conditions, temperature, humidity, working environment and other comprehensive factors can be considered to select the type of shaft coupling. Select the structure of the shaft coupling according to the needs of the supporting host. When the shaft coupling is used with the brake, the shaft coupling with brake wheel or brake disc should be selected; when overload protection is required, a safety coupling should be selected; when connecting with flanges, the flange type should be selected; when the axial size of the connection is large for long-distance transmission, it is appropriate to choose the intermediate shaft type or the intermediate sleeve type.
3. Calculation of shaft coupling torque: The power of the machine in the transmission system should be greater than the power required by the work machine. According to the power and speed of the power machine, the theoretical short moment T of the high-speed end connected to the machine can be calculated; according to the working condition coefficient K and other related coefficients, the calculated torque Tc of the coupling can be calculated. The coupling T is inversely proportional to n, so the low-speed end T is greater than the high-speed end T.
4. Primary selection of coupling model: According to the calculated torque Tc, an approximate nominal torque Tn can be selected from the standard series, and the selection should satisfy Tn≥Tc. The coupling model is preliminarily selected, and the allowable speed [n], the maximum radial dimension D and the axial dimension L0 of the shaft coupling can be found from the standard, and the shaft coupling speed n≤[n] .
5. Adjust the model according to the shaft diameter: The initially selected shaft coupling size, that is, the shaft hole diameter d and the shaft hole length L, should meet the requirements of the main and driven end shaft diameters, otherwise the shaft coupling specifications must be adjusted according to the shaft diameter d. It is a common phenomenon that the shaft diameters of the driving and driven ends are different. When the torque and speed are the same, and the shaft diameters of the driving and driven ends are different, the shaft coupling model should be selected according to the large shaft diameter. In the newly designed transmission system, the seven shaft hole types in accordance with GB/T3852 should be selected, and the J1 shaft hole type is recommended to improve versatility and interchangeability.
6. Choose the connection type: The choice of shaft coupling connection type depends on the connection type of the main and driven ends to the shaft. Generally, a key connection is adopted, which is a unified key connection type and code. In GB/T3852, there are seven keyway types and four keyless connections. The most used is the A-type key.
7. Select the type and specification of the shaft coupling: According to comprehensive factors such as power machine, coupling load category, speed, and working environment, select the type of shaft coupling. Select the shaft coupling type in terms of factors such as the matching of the coupling and connection. According to the nominal torque and shaft hole diameter, select the specification with the length of the shaft hole. In order to ensure the strength of the shaft and the key, after selecting the shaft coupling model, the strength of the shaft and the key should be checked to finally determine the shaft coupling model.
Learn more something about shaft couplings can know the specific criteria of shaft couplings and how to choose shaft coupling. If you want to buy a good-quality shaft coupling with reasonable price, FOSHAN HOUZHE TRANSMISSION EQUIPMENT CO., LTD. can provide you many choices together with other types of shaft couplings. Our company knows how to innovate while developing, and will also go out in the process of introducing shaft coupling.