Characteristics of drum gear coupling (compared with straight gear coupling)
1. Strong bearing capacity. If outer diameter of the inner sleeve equals outer diameter of the coupling, the bearing capacity of the drum gear coupling is 15 to 20% higher than that of the straight gear coupling on average ;
2. Large amount of angular displacement compensation.Drum gear couplings can allow larger angular displacements (relative to straight gear couplings), which can improve the interface conditions of the gear, improve the ability of transmit torque, and extend the service life.
3 The drum gear surface improves the interface conditions of the internal and external gear, avoiding the disadvantages of the straight gear end edge squeezing and stress concentration under the angular displacement condition, improves the gear surface friction conditions and reduces noise , long maintenance intervals;
4. The gear end of the outer gear sleeve is in the shape of a trumpet, which makes dismounting very convenient.
5 Transmission efficiency is as high as 99.7%. Based on the above characteristics, straight gear couplings have been generally replaced by drum gear coupling at home and abroad.
6 Drum gear couplings have the advantages of small size, large transmission torque, strong ability to absorb inaccuracy and excellent durability. They are the most commonly components for two drive shafts in medium and heavy machinery. The drum gear coupling needs to work in a good and sealed state.
Due to the differences equipment and technology of various factories, and the professionalism of the installers, some common problems may arise:
1. The center deviation is too large, and the relative displacement of the gear surface is large;
2. Poor material and too low gear surface hardness;
3. Insufficient lubrication or dry grinding;
4. The oil is not clean;
5. The gear shape design of the drum gear coupling is not reasonable, and the interference of the gear top or the precision is not enough .
6. Over-installation causes the cupola space of the gear disappeared;
7. Poor oil quality, acid or sulfide in oil;
So how to solve it
1. Correct the center first;
2. Select the appropriate material, the hardness of the gear surface is about 50-60 HRC;
3. Check the oil volume and align the lubricating oil pipe with the part;
4. Filter the oil so that the maximum particle size of the impurities in the oil is less than 25um;
5. use drum gear with good performance;
6. Install various drum gear couplings as required, check the radial clearance between the inner and outer gear
7, change the lubricant and so on.