Views:0 Author:Site Editor Publish Time: 2021-04-13 Origin:Site
As we know, custom coupling is the core and heart of the machine, which plays a significant role. The function of the custom coupling is to connect the two shafts in different mechanisms to rotate together and transmit torque. Custom couplings also have the function of buffering, damping and improving the dynamic performance of the shafting. It is necessary for us to know how to fix shaft couplings.
How to install custom coupling?
How to fix custom coupling?
What are the applications of custom coupling?
1. Clean the parts before installing the custom coupling, and then wipe off the oil. Custom couplings that are ready for operation in a short time can be wiped dry and coated with some turbine oil or oil to prevent rust.
2. During installation, the two halves of the custom coupling are generally installed on the two shafts, and then the main machine is aligned. The main shaft is centered on the main machine. The determination is made by measuring the changes in the relative positions of the radial and axial directions.
3. In order to give full play to the performance of the custom coupling, please install it within the range of the maximum allowable eccentricity. Consider the allowable amount when the compound occurs to be less than half.
4. When centering, stick teeth on the outer periphery of the body and check with two points separated by about 90°. The lifespan of the components is greatly affected by the accuracy of the centering.
5. After installing the custom coupling, be sure to add a safety cover. Otherwise, contact with this product during operation may cause injury.
6. The installation error of the custom shaft coupling should be strictly controlled. Generally, the installation error should not be greater than 1/2 of the allowable compensation amount.
7. Pay attention to check the alignment of the connected two shafts after operation. The relative displacement should not be greater than the allowable compensation amount. Reduce the relative displacement as much as possible, which can effectively extend the lifespan of the connected machinery or custom coupling.
Shaft coupling has their respective characteristics:
The custom coupling with the shaft can be divided into key connection, clamping connection and expansion ring connection according to different forms. Several forms have both advantages and disadvantages. It is convenient for users to choose the coupling connection form for reference for better transmission.
Key connection: large transmission torque, simple structure, low cost, small space size, but high-speed rotation, its dynamic balance is not good. The working mode of key connection is the same as that of ordinary mechanical equipment keys.
Clamping connection: simple structure, low cost and small space. However, when the locking force is insufficient, pushing into the custom automobile coupling will cause axial sliding between the coupling and the shaft. The clamping connection is made through the fastening screws at both ends to close the "opening" and increase the clamping torque.
Expansion ring connection: large transmission torque, high related processing size requirements, complex structure, large coupling volume. The working principle of the clamping of the account ring is that it is locked by the end cover. When the end cover is pressed, the expansion ring is pressed hard at the same time. The protruding ring and the outer ring have a tapered shape. When there is pressure, the inner ring of the custom coupling will press on the shaft and the outer ring on the coupling sleeve. This completes the connection between the shaft and the coupling.
If there is no suitable shaft coupling that you can find in the standard list, you can ask the plant to do a custom coupling. Here are some shaft couplings that can be used for:
Sleeve and muff coupling and clamp or split-muff or compression coupling can both be used as line shaft in power transmission.
Flange coupling can be used for Alignment Accuracy, for example, marines.
Bushed pin flexible coupling can be used to connect which have small parallel misalignments, angular misalignment or axial misalignments, for example, automobiles.
Universal joint can be used to transmit rotary motion or power, for example, aircraft, driveshafts and so on.
Oldham coupling is useful in applications where parallel misalignment is present, for example, printing applications.
Unlike other shaft couplings, the slider coupling does not have an elastic element that can work like a spring, so the bearing load will not increase due to the increase in the relative displacement between the shafts. In any case, this series of shaft couplings is more worthwhile, and the ability to choose sliders of different materials is the biggest advantage of this shaft coupling. Generally speaking, one type materials are suitable for zero clearance, high torque rigidity and large torque, and the other type materials are suitable for low-precision positioning, without zero clearance, but have the functions of absorbing vibration and reducing noise. The non-metallic slider also has excellent electrical insulation and can be used as a mechanical fuse. When the engineering plastic slider is damaged, the transmission effect will be completely terminated, so as to protect the valuable mechanical parts. This design is suitable for large parallel relative displacements. The separate three-part design of the slider coupling limits its ability to compensate for axial deviations, for example, it cannot be used in push-pull applications. At the same time, because the center slider is floating, the two-axis movement must ensure that the slider does not fall off.
Learn more something about custom couplings can know how to fix custom couplings and the applications of custom couplings. If you want to buy good shaft couplings with reasonable price, FOSHAN HOUZHE TRANSMISSION EQUIPMENT CO., LTD. is your best choice. Whether from quality or price, or delivery time, we can help customers to open up a further and larger market. We have all types of different shaft couplings and if you want to have other type shaft coupling, you can contact us.